We recently picked up an issue of Popular Mechanics from a friend’s coffee table. At first we were excited. We haven’t read the magazine in a while, but we used to check it out at our grandpa’s house and we generally liked it. Then we came across 100 Skills Every Man Should Know and we had a few problems. Following is our list of the most egregious offenders. Skills that we don’t know and don’t think you should know either:
- Escape a sinking car – Just because Dateline NBC tells us we need to know this on at least one special per year doesn’t mean we’re buying.
- Remove bloodstains from fabric – If an item of clothing is important enough that a bloodstain matters, we take it to a professional. Let your dry cleaner handle this one.
- Read an electric meter – There’s a guy whose job it is to read this. He does a pretty good job.
- Mix concrete – Last time we checked there were pretty thorough instructions on the bag.
- Iron a shirt – Really, find a good dry cleaner.
- Fly a stunt kite – We don’t even recommend you know what a stunt kite is.
- Install a graphics card – Not Mac users at the Popular Mechanics office, eh?
[Image via spike55151]